We all know that now and then that everyone, for wide range of reasons, needs to find a new job. We should also know how hard it is to not only find the perfect place to find your perfect job. So, in this article I’m going to give you a great long list of places that your able to regularly check up on to whether that job you’ve been seeking for is still available.
Option One: Job Specific Websites
A few tips to keep in mind when using websites to look for a job
- Make sure to keep your registered information up to date. If an employer can’t access your information they will move on.
- As a general practice, please prepare both your resume and cover letter to be appropriate to your specific job. This does not mean that you should make a resume template and replace some key words with the job description.
- There is always the chance that none of the jobs that you apply for will be able to reply to your request. They simply won’t have the time
- If you are fortunately to get a reply about your application whether good or bad, make sure that you reply asap to make yourself look good in your possible employers eyes.
Option Two: The Paper Classifieds
Whilst looking through the weekly paper every week there are usually a large selection of advertisements for jobs available specifically for places around Brisbane. These are usually a great option for those who don’t feel comfortable with surfing the internet or for those who are just looking for a wide range of opportunities and don’t want to look specifically for anything.
You’re able to find these sorts of classifieds within these regular newspapers…
- The Sunday Mail
- The Brisbane Times
- The Courier-Mail
A few tips to keep in mind when using the paper classifieds to look for a job
- Speed is of the essence. The faster your able to get in contact with your potential employer, whether that be through a phone call, an email or even rocking up on their business door step, the better your chances.
- Make sure your able to make a physical appearance. Unlike the website advertisements where the initial contact is either through email or a phone initiated by the advertising business, it can be to your benefit to sell yourself face to face to your employer. They know that whatever is on your resume are just words and that they’re eventually going to need some proof to your abilities.
Option Three: Employment Agencies
If your down in the ditch and can’t find anywhere for your dream job you may want to think about getting in contact with the many employment agencies in Brisbane. Instead of spending a multitude of time sifting through the mountain of resumes that comes as a guarantee when advertising, it’s sometimes easier for businesses to use employment agencies to cut down the paper work and pay someone else to find their perfect person for the job.
If your willing to come into contact with an employment agency your best idea would be to search the yellow pages under ‘employment services’.
A few tips to keep in mind when using employment agencies to look for a job
- By walking in best dressed will mean that you will probably get the best service available
- These people are working their jobs to help you find a job, as well as a lot of other people just like you, so please be mindful that it may take a little while for you to be requested a possible application.
If there are any other options that you would suggest, please leave a nice comment to inform us.
This article has been published on
May 18th, 2008